Snow and Blanket Repair

(Stay tuned to the end of the post for the crafty ish stuff.)

La! How is everyone today? I can honestly say that I am doing 100% better than yesterday. I had actually written a mile long wall of text last night to post today. But as I was going on 32ish hours without sleep, I'm really glad I decided to wait lol. Trust me, you don't want to see my rambling post about what my day was like yesterday. Suffice it to say that, yesterday was an experience I'd rather NOT repeat. I spent the morning ecstatic about the pretty snow, the midmorning worried sick about my Daddy who was stuck on the road with thousand of Alabamians. Then I spent the early afternoon (still worrying) And heading to the ER with my cousin who spun out and ended up in the ditch. And the ambulance, ended up in the ditch as well...with us in it. This is Alabama guys! We just don't deal with this type of weather very often, and certainly not when it's not in the forecasted. So yeah...Yesterday was a long day, but it did get better. My cousin only had bruised ribs, and though I spent all afternoon worrying about my Dad because I couldn't get the phone to work when I was finally able to get through he'd been home for an hour, and our little forray into the ditch didn't end with anyone injured. And despite closed roads and no vehicle my cousin and I managed to hitch a ride home with a really sweet off duty Policeman who was there at the ER with his mom. Thank God for kind people. I met several angels yesterday. :D

Alright...On to photo's! Of the snow...hope you guys don't mind that this blog post isn't totally crafty. ^^




This is Riddick, My Mom's Doxxie

My baby was FAR from happy about all this white stuff. xD

This is Whizzer...he belongs to all of us...but he loves my Dad the most. 





Snow ice cream!!! :D



So, the other  night (before the snow) I hear threads ripping on the bed behind me. I turn and look and it's my precious Ruby tearing up my blanket! I love my dog...but I wanted to KILL her... At some point she'd 'buried' her bone in my blanket and then out of frustration of not being able to get it out she just tore into it. I guess this wouldn't have been so bad for me except that the blanket came from my grandmother a couple of years ago. So it has sentimental value.
So these are the holes...there are two distinct ones, ad then a lot of pulling and bunching. 

At first I wasn't sure what I was going to do, except perhaps cry. But then I wondered if I could sew patches on it on both sides to contain the damage. But since it's a cotton blanket I wasn't so sure that would work. Then I saw my cotton yarn and said...oh...I could do that too. So I got my cotton yarn and I started sewing up the holes. The first one was rather...messy, but by the time I got to the second hole I had the technique down baby. And this is what I ended up with.


No more holes!!!! I'm not done yet though. I've decided to crochet up a couple of patches, probably four in total, one for each side for each hole. Sew the patches on each side even with each other and pretty much encase the bad areas. It will hopefully contain the holes and keep them from pulling apart.It was the only solution I could think of that I could do personally. I will keep you all updated as I continue to work on this project.

On other notes...my Nieces baby shower is in a week and I haven't made any progress on the baby blanket, and I haven't made any more mood blocks yet. The next few days I'm going to be trying to catch up with all that.

I hope you all have a good Thursday!

Sola Fide
Bliss

Comments

  1. Your pictures of the furbabies are better than than the ones I made...the one of Ruby is especially good...like you I am glad the snow is done and look forward to it melting...love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born and raised in the south so I hear ya. I don't do cold or snow. Glad to hear everyone is okay. My son headed off to college in a small Colorado town so is adjusting to temperatures below freezing a good portion of the year. Lovely to see all the crochet you are doing. And I'm glad to see you were inventive with fixing that blanket. Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine living in Colorado! All that cold and snow...>.< Not for me!
      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Your poor pups to have such difficulty in the deep snow. We used to have a daschund who was good at plowing through the snow with his big chest. I once drove through Georgia during a snow fall, and I was glad to get off the road with everyone sliding around! I'm glad to hear your family were in fairly good shape at the end of your day ... not fun. Shame about the holes ripped in your blanket, but it looks like your solution will be a good strong repair. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, my poor babies. Two of them hated it and then Riddick loved it but he stayed out so long his paws where hurting, poor thing. I felt so bad for them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. I'm glad you've decided to leave a comment, I like getting them, they make me feel like I'm not writing to myself! I reply to all my comments, even though it may take me a little bit, I DO reply.
Have a great, fantastic day/evening/night/morning!
Bliss

Popular posts from this blog

Grow Your Blog!

M is for Master and Commander

Giveaway day! And other things