Afghan!

Hello Lovely lovely blog readers! I've had these photo's ready to share for ages now, but I keep forgetting! >.<  So here they are now. 

When I bought my Stylecraft yarn I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with it. Until I saw this lovely afghan pattern As we go stripey blanket and I was like, YES I will do this one... And I did, all the way up to the catherine wheel. I frogged, and re-frogged the last two rows about seven times (and I'm so not exaggerating.)  before I decided that maybe I should do something else. (and I was super frustrated by that time. 
Luckily I snapped a pic before I frogged it all down. 


 It was really nice and all, but I just...couldn't deal with that catherine's wheel!

So, I started over. And I have about 45 rows done on this attempt. I decided to go with a stitch I learned from Dream a little bigger, called the V Double Crochet Stitch. It works up really evenenly and depending on how you layer the colors you can get an interesting pattern. And the biggest plus for me is that the edges stay straight. (one of my biggest problems with afghans)



I've done one more set of colors since I've taken the photo's below, yellow and black, and because of Mother's day and Father's day upcoming I haven't worked on it much more, but plan on getting back on it soon. :D




Sola Fide
Bliss

Comments

  1. The first one looks good Bliss, hate that you could not get past the wheel...maybe you could substitute another design for the wheel...your new afghan is looking wonderful and I like the pattern it is forming as you crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours.... Its turning out very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. I'm glad you've decided to leave a comment, I like getting them, they make me feel like I'm not writing to myself! I reply to all my comments, even though it may take me a little bit, I DO reply.
Have a great, fantastic day/evening/night/morning!
Bliss

Popular posts from this blog

Grow Your Blog!

M is for Master and Commander

Giveaway day! And other things