Background

I watch the laughter, the caring between you.
I'm forgotten as you tell her the things I wish to know
I watch as you grow closer, farther from me.
I'm forgotten as you rant, and lower your walls for her.

You say a wrong word, she says a wrong word
The silence reigns between you, and then you remember
In the background I stand, waiting for the silences
For in the silences is when you see me once again.

We talk of inconsequential things, mostly of her
I listen not showing the pain I feel at being forgotten
I give you the advice you seek hoping it will help
Knowing that when it does, the silence will break.

Then you speak, the silence gone
And I drift into the background once more.

 Feb 9, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grow Your Blog!

M is for Master and Commander

Giveaway day! And other things